This last weekend we went to Redfish Lake up in the Sawtooth mountains of Idaho. We stayed at the lodge right on the lake. I don't know if there is a more beautiful or ideal location for a family getaway. Wow! It was amazing. The weather was superb and the lake and mountains are stunning. We had so much fun. Here are some of the best pictures.
We took a short hike the first morning we were there. We started out on a small trail but soon the trail vanished. That's the girls favorite kind of hiking. Blazing there own path through the rugged forest.
Later that afternoon we went to Sandy Beach.

We spent the rest of the day at the beach by the lodge. The water was cold and the sun was hot. A great combination. Kate's favorite part of the trip was paddling in the Kayak. I think Macy's favorite part was the secret afternoon ice cream she shared with mom.


We took a short hike the first morning we were there. We started out on a small trail but soon the trail vanished. That's the girls favorite kind of hiking. Blazing there own path through the rugged forest.
Later that afternoon we went to Sandy Beach.
We spent the rest of the day at the beach by the lodge. The water was cold and the sun was hot. A great combination. Kate's favorite part of the trip was paddling in the Kayak. I think Macy's favorite part was the secret afternoon ice cream she shared with mom.That evening we had an overly anticipated campfire. The girls were soooo excited to make smores. The girls love singing songs around the campfire too.
As a girl I listened as my dad snuck out of the tent trailor before anyone else was awake to take pictures in the morning light. In his honor the last morning I crept out of the room to spend some peaceful moments taking pictures. It was wonderful. These are just some of my favorites.
When Macy woke we had crackers and milk for breakfast on the bench looking out at the marina.
We pack up and went on one last hike before heading home.
By the end of the hike both girls wanted a ride on dad's back.
3 comments:
This place is so beautiful. Port and I keep talking about a trip to ID. I've never been, but between yours and Laura's blog it looks pretty amazing. Hopefully when I am not a house anymore and this baby comes we'll finally make it up.
Holly, I laughed with Joy looking at your pictures and comments. I felt I was almost there. Your morning pictures especially tweeked my traveling spirit and imagination. I think you and your family enjoyed the trip almost as much as I would have. Thanks and your pictures are great! Dad
That really is a beautiful place. Kate a Macy are getting soooo big. I am excited to be coming soon. Keep blogging.
Post a Comment