October 23, 2008

Good Times Gone Bad

One weekend we went to Art in the Park at Julia Davis Park. What was supposed to be an easy going visit to the park turned out to be pretty miserable. First of all the parking was horrendous which means lots of walking and lots of moans and groans from the kids as we drag them around. The girls had fun in the children’s area where they made masks and marble art. After that we stopped at the open area where some live music was being played. The kids did not want to walk around anymore so Josh and I quickly decided that I would take a look around the booths for a bit while he stayed there with the kids. Well, let’s just say we should have discussed the arrangement a bit more. I came back after about 15 minutes and they were gone. Without to much detail, Josh and I spent the next hour looking for each other. I had left my cell phone in the car which was locked and Josh had the key. I asked other people to use their cell phone and begrudgingly a few complied. But of course Josh didn’t ever answer. Oh the joy, after I made two trips out to the car we finally found each other. Isn’t that how life goes.

No comments: