Kate is really into the Halloween décor this year and wanted to buy this skull at store. We decided to give it to Josh for his birthday. Josh thought it was pretty funny and Kate quickly snatched it up and put it in her room. I asked her if the skull was going to scare her at night. But she hasn’t seemed bothered by it.
October 23, 2008
Motor Cross & Josh's Birthday
There are two Motor Cross tracks here in Boise. Josh has enjoyed riding whenever he can. He usually rides on open track days but early in September the girls and I went to watch Josh ride in his first official race. He faired rather well especially because although he did have a small crash he wasn’t seriously hurt or worse. I am glad he has something he can do to take his mind off his everyday work pressures.
The girls had a great time at the track that day as well. They met a cute little girl to play with. There is a small, very dirty, little play area with a dirt mountain and a couple swings. They had a lot of fun playing in the dirt.
We have a new birthday tradition we started this year. I always bake the birthday cake the day before the birthday. We sing and have cake the night before the person’s birthday. And then the next day open presents and eat more cake. I really like this tradition and we kept it going on Josh’s birthday. He had a pretty simple birthday. You know how it is, you still have to go to work on your birthday.
Labels:
birthday,
Josh,
motor cross
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Me and Ivy looked at your new posts together. We had a lot of fun reading them. The shoes made us choke up too. Good story. We love you!
Post a Comment