January 12, 2009

Kate's CHRISTMAS Program!

Kate was an evergreen tree for the kindergarten "Candy Cane Lane" program. Her line was, "I need an appointment for a pruning so bad!" I had to explain to her what she was talking about a few times.
The evergreen trees also sang a song on their own called "We are the Evergreens". It was such a cute program and Kate did a great job. Ask her to sing ALL of Jolly Old Saint Nicholas. I never new there were so many verses.

Lessons Learned:
1. Practice lines and special songs with child ahead of time (luckily I did this just in the nick of time)
2. Tell your child to look at you during the program so you can get a picture.
3. If you want to take video don't sit by your 4 yr who also wants to take video.
4. Don't forget to read the program note thoroughly that says to bring a treat for after the program.
5. Tell your husband to arrive 20 minutes before the program starts so he doesn't walk in searching for you in the dark.

It just wouln't be Christmas without a GinGerBRead HoUse!
Here are a few of the dozens of pictures me and the girls took after we decorated our gingerbread house. Macy and Kate love taking pictures.

8 comments:

Seiser's said...

These are great pics I love Kates cheesy grin in the first gingerbread house pic.

Amy said...

I am so glad that you posted something new. I love your new blogging idea. The hole page is great and so cute!
That is a big Christmas program. I am suprised that they had kindergarteners say their own lines all by themselves. I don't think Rhett would do very well with that. We had a hard enough time getting him to learn his words for the primary program and in the end someone ended up helping him.

Amy said...

Tyler is very impressed with your ginger bread house. Of course he still thinks he could do better. Some one needs to pop his head!!!!

Capri said...

The picture of Kate and Maci on the right of your page is so sweet and cute!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

super cute blog! love teh cahnges & it looks like you guys had some fun christmas festivities! what an adorable tree kate was. can't wait to see ya!! when are you coming to visit??

Jaynann said...

Love the program. I wish Talon had something like that. That makes Christmas so fun. And awesome Gingerbread house and trees. We started that this year and I think it will be a new tradition.

As always, we need to talk sometime...I miss you.

Lizzy and Porter said...

I was just visiting your blog to tell you to update... good surprise! Kate looks so cute as an evergreen and the gingerbread house looks very good. We had a gingerbread decor contest this year and everyone said mine and Hayden's looked like it belonged in the ghetto. We missed you guys this year. I heard you may be coming down this month??

hyrum♥chelsea said...

i'm ready for another update! :)