I have to admit that Halloween hasn't been my favorite holiday. I had a new reason to dislike it this year. With two excited kids the streched out halloween season that began in stores directly after the start of school was really difficult. The question "How many more days until Halloween?" started the end of August. But as the actual day approached I reminded myself that Halloween is very fun for kids. I decided I wanted Halloween to be special at our house. So on that note...
We had a great HaLLowEEn!Macy and I went to Kate's school party. Macy dressed up as well and they both had fun. I have enjoyed volunteering in Kate's class this year.

I made "
BoNes and BlOOd" for our early dinner. Which is bread sticks with marinara sauce. The girls loved it. They were able to help me roll the dough into bones and put on the butter, garlic, and parmeson. It was so cute to hear Macy say, "Can you pass me another bone?". We went to trunk-or-treat at the church and Josh took the girls trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. This year the girls, especially Kate, were so excited for trick-or-treating. Kate really wanted to go trick-or-treating in the DARK. When they got back we watched a SpOOkY Halloween movie together. It was great. I am actually very excited to keep fun Halloween traditions going next year.

Kate was a witch. She wanted to have a green face. Face painting is Kate's favorite part. So we colored her hair purple and painted spiders, bats, and warts on her face.
Macy was going to be Cinderella but Halloween morning she decided she wanted to be a princess ballerina. She wore the same custome Kate wore when she was two.

Kate was the matermind behind the decoration of our porch and the carving of our huge pumkins. She was dissapointed that we didn't do more decorating.

The above pictures show a bit of our house. If I haven't already told you, I love our Boise house. We have so much space and a great yard.

Isn't Kate SCARY!
4 comments:
I love the bones and blood! I will have to try it. Those are the cutest pictures too!
So cute! Very cool house. Post more pics. You know I am jealous of the yard!!
I love that Kate wanted to be a scary witch with a green face and warts.. most little girls want to be pretty witches. :)
Seems like you guys are doing so many cool things lately. I am dying to go to Montana someday soon.. esp after seeing those pics of you and Josh.
Also (I know, long comment), you need to send us one of those family photos. We need pics of you guys. They turned out great.
what a fun suprise to check on your blog & see what a good blogger you've been!!!! i love all of the fun stuff you guys have been doing. we are soo excited to see you guys in a couple weeks. i'll call ya this week. xoxoxox
Post a Comment